How to Report Embezzlement to the SEC

When you suspect that your employer or someone you know is involved in an embezzlement scheme, you can report the information you have to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

When you do, there is a strong possibility that you could be entitled to a whistleblower award, depending on whether you’ve met the SEC’s criteria. Below, we discuss how you can report your tip online easily, and why you might want to reach out to an attorney before you blow the whistle.

Submitting Your Tip Online

When you want to report your tip as easily as possible, you can do so by submitting your information through the SEC’s tips, complaints, and referrals portal. You also have the option of filling out Form TCR and either mailing or faxing it in.

Remaining Anonymous as a Whistleblower

Whistleblowing is risky business, and with this in mind, you can report your tip anonymously when you work with a highly trained SEC whistleblower lawyer. Your attorney will protect your identity at all costs.

So much so that not even the SEC will know who tipped them off. Once the fraudsters have been sanctioned, and a whistleblower award has become available to you, will your identity need to become known.

Work with a Qualified SEC Whistleblower Lawyer

When you discover an embezzlement scheme of any kind, you can get in touch with a regarded SEC whistleblower lawyer at Meissner Associates for assistance with reporting your tip to the SEC. Schedule your confidential tip assessment today by completing the secure contact form at the bottom of this page or by calling our office directly at 1-866-764-3100.